Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
When buying a new car, the last thing on your mind is that it might breakdown.
But vehicles today are complex and have so many mechanical and electrical components. So we’ve designed our policies to help protect you and your budget against the cost of unexpected breakdowns.
What is MBI?
Autosure Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) covers the reasonable cost to repair the actual failure of mechanical or electrical parts as a result of a sudden and unforeseen breakdown that occurs during normal use in New Zealand, unless otherwise excluded in the policy book.
- Comprehensive protection for petrol, diesel, hybrid and electric vehicles
- Allowances for towing and car hire
- 7 day / 24 hour AA Roadservice
This is a summary only – please see the policy documents for full terms, exclusions, conditions and benefits.
- These policies are underwritten by DPL Insurance Limited. Find out more about DPL’s financial strength rating.
- You are protected by responsible lending laws. Because of these protections, the recommendations given to you about our insurance products are not regulated financial advice. This means that duties and requirements imposed on people who give financial advice do not apply to these recommendations. This includes a duty to comply with a code of conduct and a requirement to be licensed.
- DPL Insurance Limited is a member of the Financial Services Federation. Find out about their Responsible Credit-Related Insurance Code.