Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Claims
We understand that sinking feeling you get when something happens to your car.
So if you suffer a mechanical breakdown we’re here to make sure your claim is as easy and stress-free as possible.
How to Make a Claim
Simply follow these steps:
- Call us on 0800 809 700 and provide your policy number, vehicle registration and current odometer reading.
- We’ll help you find your nearest Authorised Repairer (all repairs must be carried out by an Authorised Repairer).
- If the vehicle can be driven safely without causing further damage, take it to the nearest Authorised Repairer. If not arrange to have it towed (some policies have cover for towing included).
- Present your policy to the repairer to determine if the breakdown constitutes a claim and request the repairer contacts us.
- You may be required to complete a claim form and we may also require other documentation, such as proof of servicing and other relevant invoices
- If the repairer can’t determine the fault it may be necessary to dismantle parts. If this is the case we must be notified, however, only you can authorise the dismantling to be carried out. Please note: The contract for repair is between you and the repairer. Any costs not covered by the policy (including your excess), must be paid to the repairer at the completion of the repairs.
NOTE: Any repairs commenced without the prior approval of Autosure are excluded from cover.