Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Claims
At Autosure we’re an ‘Essential Business’ and here to support you.
We understand that sinking feeling you get when something happens to your car.
So if you suffer a mechanical breakdown we’re here to make sure your claim is as easy and stress-free as possible.
How to Make a Claim
Simply follow these steps:
- Call us on 0800 809 700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your policy number, vehicle registration and current odometer reading.
- We’ll help you find your nearest Authorised Repairer (all repairs must be carried out by an Authorised Repairer).
- If the vehicle can be driven safely without causing further damage, take it to the nearest Authorised Repairer. If not arrange to have it towed (some policies have cover for towing included).*
- Present your policy to the repairer to determine if the breakdown constitutes a claim and request the repairer contacts us.
- You may be required to complete a claim form and we may also require other documentation, such as proof of servicing and other relevant invoices
- If the repairer can’t determine the fault it may be necessary to dismantle parts. If this is the case we must be notified, however, only you can authorise the dismantling to be carried out. Please note: The contract for repair is between you and the repairer. Any costs not covered by the policy (including your excess), must be paid to the repairer at the completion of the repairs.
NOTE: Any repairs commenced without the prior approval of Autosure are excluded from cover.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Lockdown
We are here to support you during this time. Please note:
- Repairs: Some repairers will be shut during this period of lockdown and there are difficulties getting parts for vehicles, so repairs will be arranged as and when they can be.
- NZAA Roadservice: The AA will continue to provide Roadside Assistance throughout the country to support customers who are involved in providing essential services or who are travelling in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines. There may be some longer response times and social distancing measures are to be observed.
- Servicing, WOF & Registrations: We realise that you’re unlikely to be able to get a WOF, registration or meet your servicing requirements for your car as detailed in your policy book during Levels 3 & 4. Don’t worry. If you need to make a claim, we’ll still consider it, as long as the breakdown/failure is not due to any safety related issue.
- Current Issues: If you know your car has a defect that needs repair, it’s important not to drive it until the repairs are completed.
- Regular Checks: Please remember to carry out the usual checks – engine oil level, tyre pressure/condition, coolant level (when engine is cold), lights etc. – as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.